Picking the Best Cheer Shoes
Whats that best cheerleading shoe? This is a question asked by nearly every cheerleader as they prepare for the upcoming season. Below are some of the key points to keep in mind and how some of our personal favorites here at Cheerzone compare.
- Price – A shoe that fits your budget is always key.
- Comfort – An uncomfortable shoe will make you miserable. Focus on cushioning, flexibility, lightweight and breath-ability.
- Fit/Size – A proper fit is a must for both safety and comfort.
- Features – Many cheerleading shoes come with a slew of features from finger grooves to special insoles. Some online research and a chat with your coach will help you determine what you need.
- Style – Most cheer shoes come in white but many have interchangeable colors to match your team. Find out what style your coach would like to insure that you match your team.
Nike Cheer Unite – $55.95 Team Discount Available
- Comfort – The Nike Cheer Unite offers flexibility, support and lightweight cushioning to insure comfort while cheering. It weighs about 7.7 ounces.
- Fit/size – Nike shoes run about 1/2 size small in comparison to most other cheer shoes.
- Features – The Upper is crafted with synthetic leather for dynamic fit and durability. With a double lasted Phylon midsole and internal flex grooves it has enhanced flexibility. The outsole is made for improved performance on multiple surfaces with a medial pivot point and is composed of non-marking rubber.
- Style – The Nike Cheer Unite is a pure white shoes with silver “Nike” on the tongue and heal.
Nike Sideline III – $59.95 – Team Discount Available
- Comfort – The Nike Sideline III is the ultimate in flexibility, support and lightweight cushioning. The adult sizes weight about 9.7 ounces, while the youth averages 7.9 ounces.
- Fit/Size – Like other Nike shoes the Sideline III runs about 1/2 size small compared to other cheer shoes.
- Features – A double lasted Phylon midsole, internal flex groves and non marking outsole work together to provide the comfort and support needed.
- Style – This shoe is solid white, but includes twelve interchangeable color cards so it matches any uniform.
Nfinity Evolution – $79.99 – Team Discount Available
- Comfort – The Nfinity Evolution lightweight cheer shoe has a natural feel made for tumbling and stunting. At about 6.5 ounces this shoe is one of the lightest on the market.
- Fit/Size – The Nfinity brand runs quite small at about one full size smaller than most other cheer shoes. It has a leather and sateen upper with a web and lace design for a uniform fit
- Features – The Nfinity Evolution has removable arch support, compression molded EVA and a rubber out-sole.
- Style – The shoe is solid white with no color options.
Asics Gel-Ultralyte – $47.95
- Comfort – The Asics Gel-Ultralyte is incredibly light weight at 5.9 ounces and is very flexible with advanced cushioning.
- Fit/Size – Asics shoes tend to run true to size when compared to other cheerleading shoes.
- Features – This shoe offers a mesh upper and rear foot GEL cushioning. Palm and finger grip zones offer better stability when flying.
- Style – The shoe is white with silver accents and mesh.
Zephz Zenith – $27.95
- Comfort – The Zephz Zenith average about 7.2 ounces with a sleek low profile that make it comfortable for stunting.
- Fit/Size – Zephz brand shoes tend to run true to size compared to other cheer shoes.
- Featured – Made of synthetic leather, it’s durable and easy to clean. It has an EVA heel wedge with a thermoplastic heel counter for added support and a rubber outsole with great traction.
- Style – The Zenith is white with a silver logo accent.